Who we are
Create enjoyment and bring it to the world - that is our mission.
Tea is more than just a drink, it has been connecting people around the globe for 5000 years, is an important part of many cultures and creates a sense of cosiness and well-being. The world of tea with its innumerable facets has thrilled us for 140 years.
The passion for tea, which began at Wollenhaupt 140 years ago, is also the 4th generation of the daily drive and the basis for successful business management.
Wollenhaupt has been an owner-managed, globally active company since 1881, with its tea and vanilla divisions. At Wollenhaupt Tee GmbH, 220 employees work at the Reinbek site near Hamburg.
Two brothers, one family, a tradition of entrepreneurship. The Wollenhaupt brothers have been actively sharing the responsibility for the strategic business operations for almost 30 years now: Dirk Wollenhaupt is focussed on tea, Jörg Wollenhaupt is focussed on vanilla.
What is important to them: Closeness to the people and the markets. Personal dialogue with everyone who works daily to contribute to the company's success.
What they value: Reliability and respect.
We act with passion for 140 years. Respect, reliability, commitment and the honest, open word are the values we stand for.
By offering superior product quality, innovative ideas and customised solutions, we have evolved into a leading producer and supplier of tea. Today, we are a reliable partner in over 70 countries, both for specialised retailers and for global producers of branded products.
As a specialist for loose leaf teas and rough cuts, we have extensive know-how and, with our office in China, a close contact with the origins.
Benefit from our experience in the tea and vanilla trade. Learn everything about our ingredients, our product developments, our assortment, and the countries of origin; about the reliable and consistent quality management, our philosophy and the people who put their dedication and passion into infusing it with life and making it all come together each and every day.
At a glance:
Founded in 1881, Wollenhaupt Tee GmbH is a globally operating company with more than 220 employees and is based in Reinbek, Germany, near the city of Hamburg.
- Sales volume of tea products: approx. 6,400 tonnes p.a.
- Over 3,500 actively used recipes, either proprietary developments or created together with (or for) customers, totally over 4,200 recipe developments
- Our specialist area: loose and portionable leaf tea
- Export share of more than 60 percent
- Representative office in China
- Sales volume of vanilla: approx. 330 tonnes p.a.
- 36,500 sqm warehouse and production space; state-of-the-art equipment and technology for cutting, mixing, blending, flavouring and packaging
- Integrated, networked production from raw ingredient processing up to packaging
- Customer structure: from independent specialised retailers all the way to leading global food manufacturers
- Close and long-standing cooperation with customers, partners and tea lovers in more than 60 countries