Double Matcha Muffins
Very tastyWollenhaupt Tee GmbH
- 2 sticks unsalted butter 16 Tablespoons, room temperature
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Eggs large, room temperature
- 2-3 cups Sugar-Fine Cake Flour see notes
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsb Baking Soda
- ¼ cup Matcha Powder plus a teaspoon more for dusting
- 1 cup Greek Yoghurt full fat
- ¼ cup Milk
Green, delicious and with a little extra are these matcha muffins.
Using paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar for 5 minutes until light and airy. (This is a key step!) Add vanilla, then eggs one at a time.
In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients together: flour, salt, baking soda. Sift in the Matcha powder then, with a whisk, whisk the dry ingredients together to evenly incorporate.
In another container, blend the yoghurt and the milk.
With the mixer on low speed, alternate adding flour mixture, then yoghurt mixture, into the batter in three rotations. This should be done in quick intervals so you don’t over-mix your batter.
Spoon the batter into cupcake papers then bake at 350°F at 22-25 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean). Set aside to completely cool before frosting.
- Cooking Timeup to 10 minutes